For those who hate baking yet want some home baked goods, this recipe is for you. It took me about 15 minutes to make from grabbing the ingredients to putting it in the oven. We had some ripe bananas left over so it was a perfect time to bake some banana bread. This recipe is from: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
- 2-3 ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter the bananas will be so adjust sugar accordingly)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sugar ( I used 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C)
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth, then pour in melted butter/margarine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, sugar, vanilla extract and beaten egg. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour to the mixture.
- Spray your loaf pan and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
This recipe is very versatile with endless flavour combinations. You can add some chocolate chips, walnuts, peanut butter/peanut flour, nutella, caramel chews etc. Happy baking everybody!